GDPR Privacy Notice
Dyslexia Assessment and Consultancy
Who we are
Dyslexia Solutions is owned and managed by Caroline Hough. It is an organisation that carries out diagnostic assessments for specific learning difficulties and assessments for examination access arrangements.
Types of Data we collect
When a client/learner contacts Dyslexia Solutions to provide specialist support or an assessment a range of information is collected to enable us to fulfil that service provision.
Any personal information that received will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). May 2018. These regulations require registration with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
The type of information collected includes;
- Personal identifiers and biographical information, for example date of birth
- Contact details – for example home address, email address and telephone number
- Sensitive personal data – for example, details of why an individual seeks an assessment, details of a disability or specific learning difficulty, details of support a client/learner may have had in the past, assessment data, and notes written during and after support or assessment sessions or after other contact with client/learner
- Dates of meetings held with a client/learner
- Family Details – for example details of other family members with whom a client/learner or a client/learner’s school/college/workplace have given me consent to liaise
Test papers and accompanying information with responses safely in a secure place within Dyslexia Solutions premises. The final report will be stored electronically and this will be password encrypted. Test papers and accompanying information with responses safely in a secure place within Dyslexia Solutions premises. In light of the need to keep minimal information the final report will be stored electronically, password encrypted and kept for six years. The test papers and accompanying information will safely disposed of following the assessment and completion of the report.
Why we collect this information
Information is collected to plan and provide an assessment or specialist support for an individual that the client has requested.
Who might we share this information with?
Once the assessment report is completed it will be emailed to the person who has commissioned the assessment. It will be password encrypted.
The assessment will not be shared with a third party without written permission from the person who has requested the assessment. Email threads will be deleted regarding information provided for the assessment.
It is unlikely, but may be necessary to share test papers with PATOSS as part of their Assessment Practicing Certificate Renewal Process.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to Caroline Hough at email@example.com
Note: Requests from clients/earners to delete data relating to an individual will be considered on a case by case basis but we may be unable to remove all [assessment records] [support notes] for legal reasons.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This was reviewed on 01.06.2018 and will be reviewed as required according to legislation set out by the ICO.